Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Letter of the Week: Aa {Thursday and Friday}

Here's the wrap-up of our week about the letter A!  We ended up not doing school on Friday because we had errands and other things going on.  So, here's what we did Thursday!

1. We reviewed the letter and sound for Aa with the poster.  We talked about our word cards "apple" and "alligator".  She's really good at saying the first sound in those words!

2.  We traced the letter on our tracing book page.  Remember, I'll hole-punch that page and we'll gradually make a letter tracing book to review with each week.

3.  We reread our letter Aa book.

4.  We did some fun art!  I made an art book for Miss E with a blank book I bought in the dollar section at Target.  I put stickers for each letter of the alphabet on each page of the book.  Each week, we'll do a letter-related art activity on each page.  I can't wait to see what it looks like when we finish it!  

For the letter A, we stamped with an apple!  Miss E thought this was funny.  I cut an apple in half and then cut a handle into one half.  Miss E stamped a few times in her art book and then stamped on some paper.




5. We did a letter shark activity.  Somehow I didn't take a picture of it, but I made a shark similar to this post.  Miss E LOVED it!  Our shark ripped, however, so I'll have to reinforce him with some tape before we do this activity again.

My next post is about the letter Bb!

No comments:

Post a Comment